Tuesday, July 8, 2014

Back in the Saddle

So, it has been almost a year (!) since I posted. I can't believe that, and I also feel like I have said that the last few times I posted. This last year was...a lot. There was a lot happening.

Parenting two kids is a lot of work and I finally felt like I was getting my into my groove when Oliver was about 9 or 10 months old. So I didn't feel like I had a lot of time to blog, or take very good care of myself, or read, etc. I did manage to find plenty of time to stare at my phone and play Candy Crush and look at Facebook ten times in 15 minutes, though. Gotta have your priorities.

But these kids. I love 'em. Yes, our house is too messy and too small, and they are noisy and throw tantrums and don't eat the dinner I just spend an hour making, but they are smart and hilarious and so so so sweet. And mine.




As I was saying, a lot happened this year and it's been hard to find a way to write about my experiences while giving them the proper weight and respect they deserve. I haven't figured it out quite yet and I don't know if I will.

There were plenty of good things that happened this year, though. I got a new job opportunity, Chris' mom finished her cancer treatment and it was successful, we got a two new nephews and are expecting another any day now, and summer finally came to Minnesota.

I told my mentor at work earlier this year that 2014 was going to be my year. I am trying to make that happen. Wish me luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment