Thursday, July 24, 2014

Fab Four: July

Some things I am loving this month.

Images: 1 / 2 / 3 / 4

1. Locke and Key by Joe Hill. This is a great new comic series and the whole thing is out now. I am on volume 3 and am loving each one more than the one before. The gist of it is: Family is struck by tragedy. Family moves across the country to the old homestead. Trouble follows. Oh, and magic keys and doorways, too.

2. Runkeeper App. I am starting to get back to running and this is helping me stay on track. I set a goal of 50 miles for July and I'm trying my best to get there. It's pretty basic but it's doing the job.

3. Witches of East End. I just finished the first season of this show on Netflix. I am a sucker for shows about witches and magic, so this was right up my alley. Plus, I was pleasantly surprised to see Andrew from the Buffyverse in a small role. The show is campy and fun, and special effects are decent. It is definitely a show where you have to suspend your critical thinking skills - I caught myself saying, "How did they know that? Why would you do that? How did she know he was there?" a lot, but it's a fun show. I tried to read the book a few months ago and stopped a few chapters in - one of the few times I will say a show is better than a book! The new season is on Lifetime now.

4. Burrito bowls from Dinner: A Love Story. I made these on Sunday night and they were great. Took the leftovers to work Monday - even better! I am so glad I can get my Chipotle fix without the approximately two million calories I would ingest from Chipotle. If you aren't reading Dinner: A Love Story, get thee to that blog.

That's all, folks.

No comments:

Post a Comment