Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Turning Two and Other Stuff

Agatha is now officially TWO! I can hardly believe it has been two whole years since I became a mother to that sweet little girl. She makes me laugh every day and is obviously the smartest two-year-old to ever live. I am so grateful to have the privilege of being her mommy.

That's not to say there aren't tantrums and fits and sassing. There is. But not too much.

We celebrated the big day with family and a few friends. Here is a beautiful picture Agatha's uncle John took of her attempting to blow out the candles on her cake from Yum! Bakery.


Our big gift to her this year was a tricycle. She can barely reach the pedals, so we got one with a push bar so we could help her along. She calls it her motorcycle and loves it!


Cloth diapering is going really well with Oliver. We won a year of diaper service from Do Good Diapers, so we use the prefolds and covers they provided during the day. They pick up the dirty diapers once a week and drop of clean ones. It is really easy. At night we were using disposables until recently. We started using our own stash of cloth at night and it is going really well. I have to do a very very small load of diapers every other day. We are still using disposable wipes because Agatha is still in diapers and we use disposables for her. Sadly, the daycare we use does not want to use cloth so we will have to use disposables there. Although I have a plan to show her how easy they are and hopefully she will change her mind.

Here's our happy guy! He started smiling yesterday but I haven't been able to get a good shot of the grin yet.


Agatha is doing really well with him. She wants to kiss him a lot still and that is about the extent of her interaction with him. She does request "No Oliver!" sometimes when I am holding or feeding him but she gets over it quickly. I love our little family but time is moving much too quickly for my liking!


No comments:

Post a Comment