Sunday, October 16, 2011

Back to work, back to reality

After 12 weeks of bonding time, it was time to get back to the "real world." I may have been dragged back kicking and screaming but back I went. I have now completed one week of work. Actually, I completed 4 days of work, since the claims management company called me on Friday to inform me I still had one day of leave left and didn't have to return to work until Tuesday. Yay!

My mom came back to town to sit for us last week. I'm glad she was able to do that because I don't know how well I would have coped with having to go back to work and put her in day care the same week. I am taking this Monday off and Chris is taking Tuesday off to watch Agatha, and she will officially start day care on Wednesday, which is also her three month birthday! I can't believe she is three months old already. Ca-razy.

Anyway, going to back to work wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. The first two days weren't great, but it felt pretty normal by Thursday. A lot of time gets eaten up by the pumping process. The "Mother's Room" is in another building, so I have to walk over there, set up my machine, change into my make-shift pumping bra (psst...it's just a sports bra that I cut some slits into), pump, clean up, get dressed and walk back. The whole thing takes about half an hour. And I have to do that three times a day.

We also got our hospital bill the other day. Yikes. Luckily, my mom came in handy again and called the hospital which said based on our income we might qualify for a full or partial discount of the bill. That would definitely help. Did you know babies are expensive?

I managed to spend part of my birthday money. I bought a new bag for myself to lug my laptop, wallet, lunch, etc. to work. And I bought a duffle bag for Agatha and got it monogrammed. I know! I wasn't supposed to spend the money on stuff for her (per my rules) but I couldn't resist and it made me really happy. I'm very excited for it to arrive.

I also bought some crafting supplies. My mom got my a heat gun for my birthday to use for embossing and other crafty things, so I stocked up on fun stuff. I'm planning to try it out on some Halloween care packages for our nieces and nephew. I'll post pictures on the other blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment