Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Reading Frustrations

It takes a lot for me to not finish a book. It has to be a pretty bad book. That said, that was not the case this week.

I was reading I See You Everywhere by Julia Glass and was really enjoying it. ***SPOILER ALERT - I am going to ruin the book for you***

***
Then with like twenty pages left in the book, one of the main characters dies. That was upsetting, but not that big of a deal. The part I couldn't handle was that for the rest of the book, it seemed like anyway, all they did was talk about the death and what was she thinking before she died, and just examining all the horrible things about death. Now, I was reading this at midnight right before I was supposed to go to sleep. And I do not deal well with death. I don't like to think about it, because once I think about it, it is all I think about it. And when you think about it, it's not fair, is it? Who came up with this system?? Love your life, have a great time, oh by the way some day you're going to die. If I was guaranteed to live to 90, fine, I could handle that. But I can't handle the thought that I could walk out my door and get hit by a bus. Or just fall down dead while doing the dishes. That is not fair. NOT FAIR.

Oookay...so I couldn't finish the book, because it kept me up all night THINKING HORRIBLE THOUGHTS. Thanks a lot, book.

So, I need to find a new book. I have two more from the library, but after re-examining the book jackets, one contains "an unthinkable tragedy." No, thanks. This is why chick lit is so popular.

In other book-related news, I took Aggie to the library today and we picked up:

Parents in the Pigpen, Pigs in the Tub

Babar's World Tour

There's Something in My Attic

Madeline and the Gypsies

Good choices, Agatha!






No comments:

Post a Comment